Thursday, September 1, 2022

2022-2023 Roster Announced

At long last, the roster for this upcoming season was released- you can see it in its entirety here. I have to say, there were a few surprises for me. For one, I did not think the staff would carry four goalies, in fact, I can't remember the last time they've done that. As of now, they have graduate transfer Mitch Benson, senior Jack Moffatt, junior Henry Wilder and freshman Dylan Silverstein on the roster. Admittedly, I thought they would have Silverstein do another year of juniors as his numbers last season weren't fantastic, but they probably wanted some insurance after the results they got last season from going the transfer goalie route. Will BC actually carry four goalies? I have no idea, but it's certainly an open competition to see who starts on October 7th vs Quinnipiac- my money is on Benson. 

Secondly, Connor Welsh is not on the roster. Welsh was not one of BC's highly touted recruits and if he did come this year, there is no guarantee he would have been in the lineup- he posted just 8 points in 48 USHL games a season ago- time will tell if Welsh is a part of BC's 2023 class. 

Lastly, Seamus Powell is on the roster. Like Silverstein, I thought there was a chance Powell would do one more season in the USHL, but clearly that is not the case. He will be one of eight defensemen on BC's roster next season. 

I will have more thoughts on some potential line combinations and so forth as we get closer to the season, but it is clear to me that there will be a lot of guys competing for the final two or three spots in the lineup, particularly at the forward position. 

That is all I got for now. Until next time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment