Friday, June 22, 2012

Dumoulin traded to Penguins, Matheson drafted by Panthers.

To be honest, I was hoping to have the night off from blogging because I have the Club Championship tomorrow. Yea, well so much for that. In tonights first round of the 2012 NHL draft in Pittsburgh, former Eagle defenseman Brian Dumoulin was traded from the Carolina Hurricanes to the Pittsburgh Penguins. If I am the Penguins right now, I would be taking a victory dance around the draft room. Brian Dumoulin is as ready for the NHL as I have ever seen a college player be. He can skate, he can move the puck, and he can defend. I can't wait to see him in a Penguins uniform come next season. 

The other news from the draft is that incoming defenseman Mike Matheson was drafted 26th overall by the Florida Panthers. Most scouting agencies had Matheson going late first/early second so obviously this kid can play. 

Until next time, 

GO EAGLES

No comments:

Post a Comment