Tuesday, August 7, 2012

More Lineup Scenarios

A couple of days ago, I posted some line combinations that we could see this upcoming season. Since then, I think I have developed a couple of more combos that we could see on opening night.

Johnny G- Pat Mullane-Steven Whitney. If this line were created, it could very easily be up there with the Whitney-Gibby-Atkinson line in terms of best line in the past couple of years. I mean, you have one of the most talented players we have seen in recent memory in Johnny G, a really solid centerman in Pat Mullane and a player like Steve Whitney who has performed at a high level in each of his three years at BC. I wouldn't count on this line being created however because there wouldn't be as much depth at the forward postion as opposed to if these guys were spread out. If it wasn't a 5 on 5 line, I would definitely think that all three guys would be on the first PP unit (Whitney on D though like he always is)

Destry Straight-Bill Arnold-Danny Linell. To be honest, I kind of like this line for a couple of reasons. First of all, Destry Straight and Danny Linell are going to be key to the teams success this season. If they can perform like they did in the second half of last season, I think this would be a great line. Billy Arnold is probably the best defensive forward on the squad this year but he can also be very productive in the offensive end. I actually wouldn't be surprised if we saw this combination sometime this season.

Quinn Smith-Kevin Hayes-Frank Vatrano. We could switch Kevin Hayes and Bill Arnold because the staff may like the idea of keeping Hayes with Straight because they had success playing on the same line with Chris Kreider last year. The reason I like Smith here is because he is a little quicker than Straight and would add some speed to this line. Like I said in an earlier post, Kevin Hayes is the key player on the team this season. If he can get a little bit quicker and can put the puck in the net like he did at the end of last year, he could be primed for a big year.

Cam Spiro-Mike Sit-Pat Brown. Same as last time except I have Cam Spiro in for Brooks Dyroff. I kind of blanked on Spiro last time but after thinking about it, I think he would be a little bit better of a fit than Dyroff. Mike Sit was pretty solid last season as he became an everyday guy about a quater of the way into the campaign so hopefully he picks up where he left off. As for Pat Brown, I hope he gets his chance to play everyday this season. It must have stunk for him to see three freshman take over his spot on the fourth line last season so hopefully he had a good offseason and becomes a night in and night out guy for the Eagles.

Defense- (Minimal changes)

Wey-Matheson

Alber-Sullivan

Dorethy-Macleod

Goalie- Who do you think ?


No comments:

Post a Comment