Saturday, April 13, 2013

Leblanc Edges Gaudreau For Hobey; Coach Brown a Candidate For DU Job

It's been 13 years since a BC Hockey player has taken home the Hobey Baker Memorial Award and unfortunately  the Eagles will need to wait another year thanks to Drew Leblanc edging out Johnny G yesterday. First of all, congrats to Leblanc. I have not seen him play too often but I am sure he is an outstanding player, that obviously led his team to a great season. Do I think Johnny should have won ? Of course I do. I think is one of the best play makers I have ever seen around here along with Gerbe and Gionta. While it is unfortunate that he wasn't able to win it, I think it will just be more fuel in the tank for him next season.

Some other news that came out yesterday is that Coach Brown is one of 4 finalist for the Denver University head coaching job. I don't think there are many more candidates across the country that are as qualified as Coach Brown. He has coached at multiple levels, he has been metored by the greatest there has ever been, and he has obviously proven his value on the recruiting trail. A couple of reports surfaced today that DU has already offered to job to Jim Montgomery of the USHL but I think he will end up taking the Maine job. To be honest, I would be surprised to see Coach Brown get the DU job because I think he is one of, if not the favorite (along with Coach Cav) to land the BC job whenever Coach York retires. While I hope he stays around Chestnut Hill for a long time, I think it would be great to see him take this job if given the opportunity.

Here are BC's non conference opponents next season (locations not all known)- Minnesota (home), Wisconsin (home), Michigan (probably on road), Army, Harvard, Holy Cross, Brown (road), and RPI.

Go Eagles.


2 comments:

  1. Rumor here in Troy NY home of RPI is that Seth Appert, head coach of RPI and former assistant at DU is one of the finalists, heading to Denver this week for a sit and talk. Can't wait for BC RPI next season, it has been many many years since the last game, looking forward to breaking some stones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. one of the finalists, heading to Denver this week for a sit and talk

    cheap jerseys 2013

    ReplyDelete