Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Updates

Here are a few updates ahead of BC's Hockey East quarterfinal series with Vermont-

Coach York said this morning that Colin White is "100%" and will be good to go this weekend.

As for Chris Calnan, his status is still up in the air. Lower body injuries can be nagging and this one has lasted longer than anyone expected but I do think he will return at some point- certainly for the NCAAs.

UMass fired head coach John Micheletto on Sunday morning after the Minutemen were swept by Boston University. I was surprised the move came at such an early juncture although I could not help but think back to the summer of 2012 when they had a chance to hire Mike Cavanaugh or Greg Brown before butchering both those opportunities. I have no inside information on this but I don't think Coach Brown will go for the UMass gig given that the BC job could open up in the near future. On the other hand, I do think UMass would be wise to give Coach Ayers a call and gauge his interest. Again, no inside scoop, just a suggestion given that they could have hired a BC guy last time around instead of an assistant from Vermont.

On the recruiting front, I would keep an eye on Thayer Academy forward Casey Carreau, who just took home ISL MVP honors after leading the Tigers to the large school championship. A lot of schools will be after him so it will be interesting to see what happens.

That is all I got.  Go Eagles








No comments:

Post a Comment