Monday, April 11, 2016

Adam Gilmour Signs With Minnesota



Junior forward Adam Gilmour signed with the Minnesota Wild this afternoon and will forgo his senior season at BC, per Bob McKenzie. The Hanover native recorded 12 goals and 14 assists for the maroon and gold this season.

I am not surprised by this move as it was expected, from what I was able to gather over the past couple of days. As I said in the Wood post, teams do not want to lose valuable draft picks once their eligibility runs out, which is why you will rarely see drafted juniors come back for their senior seasons. I wish Adam nothing but the best in Minnesota.

As for the remaining players, the big question marks are Colin White, Alex Tuch, Thatcher Demko, Ian McCoshen, Chris Calnan, and, to a lesser extent, Ryan Fitzgerald and Zach Sanford. I am somewhat confident in saying that Sanford and Fitzgerald will be back but I have no idea about the other five guys. Thatcher Demko met with Canucks GM Jim Benning on Saturday and from I can tell, he is a having a tough time deciding his next move- I would say it's 50/50. I am shocked McCoshen has not signed as I figured Florida would offer him a spot on their playoff roster but that appears not to be the case- I'd say 60/40 in favor of leaving. Honestly, I have no clue on White, Tuch, and Calnan. I think White will sign, although Ottawa hired a new GM yesterday, so not sure how that changes things. Tuch, like Demko, is close to a 50/50 deal but he is likely gone as well. I'd be surprised if Calnan comes back given that Chicago has been burned in the past by players exploring free agency after their senior season (Kevin Hayes).

If some of those guys come back, they would have a heck of a team next year but if not, at least they will have a good amount of scholarship money to go out and build for the future.

Go Eagles

No comments:

Post a Comment