Saturday, October 8, 2011
Previewing the North Dakota Fighting Sioux
After an impressive opener by the Eagles on Friday picking up a 5-2 win over Michigan State in the Icebreaker Invitational, the Eagles get rewarded with the number three ranked team in the country, the North Dakota Fighting Sioux. This is easily one of BC's biggest games of the season because a win like this means so many pair wise points when the rankings come out later in the year. This game will be physical, up tempo, and intense. North Dakota is coming off a 4-3 win over the Air Force Falcons in their first round game of the Icebreaker Invitational. This game will be tough for BC, but they can win if they can do these things....
1. Get good goaltending from Parker Milner. This is Milner's first really tough game of the season. It will be interesting to see how he handles a tough road environment.
2. Create turnovers. UND turned it over a lot vs Air Force on Friday, if BC can pressure the Sioux, they can create turnovers and put the puck in the net.
3. Set the tempo early. Make it so that the game is up tempo, BC plays an uptempo style, and if it can get UND skating, no one can outskate BC with their speed.
Players to watch out for-
1. Danny Kristo. Had a goal and two assist vs Air Force
2. Brock Nelson Had two goals and an assist vs Air Force
3. Ben Blood. Scary defenseman. Hits hard and can rip the puck