Saturday, March 24, 2012
Eagles get past Air Force to move within one game of Frozen Four
Why BC Won
1. Parker Milner. I thought Parker Milner played outstanding in his first start in an NCAA tournament game. He came up big all night long for the Eagles.
2. The Special Teams. One of the keys going into this game was how BC's power play and penalty kill would fare. While the PP was not great, the goal they recorded late in the third put away any chance Air Force had to come back. The PK was phenomenal as always.
3. The second line was great. Like I said earlier, I loved the way Straight, Kreider, and Hayes played tonight. I thought Kevin Hayes may have had his best game of the season.
1. No problems but the team will need to play better tomorrow in order to beat a tough Minnesota Duluth team tomorrow.
1. BC is now 9-1 all time in the DCU Center.
2. BC now has at least one power play goal in four straight games.
3. With a win tomorrow, BC would earn a spot in the Frozen Four (Tampa Bay, FL)
4. Shots were 34-20 in BC's favor.
Player of the game- Kevin Hayes
Next Up- UMD at 8:00 tomorrow. Win or go home !