Sunday, March 25, 2012
Previewing the Minnesota Duluth Bulldogs
Keys for the Eagles
1. Defense. I think BC will score some goals tonight but the team needs to limit the grade A chances for the Bulldogs. UMD obviously has some guys that can put the puck in the net like Connolly and Brown.
2. The power play. UMD takes a lot of penalties so let's hope the power play can stay hot and pot a couple of goals tonight.
3. Need more shots. Yes, BC outshot Air Force badly last night but in reality, the team needs to create more shots and odd man rushes for themselves.
Players to Watch
1. Jack Connolly. WCHA player of the year and Hobey Baker candidate Jack Connolly is going to be all over the ice tonight for UMD. The BC defense needs to keep him in check.
2. JT Brown leads all Bulldogs in goals scored this season with 24 goals scored so far including one last night versus Maine.
3. Travis Oleksuk has recorded the most assist on this Bulldog team including two in last nights game.
All Time Series- BC is 10-4-1 all time versus UMD
Prediction- BC 5 UMD 3
If BC wins, they get the winner of North Dakota/Minnesota in the Frozen Four.