Friday, April 6, 2012
Eagles move within one game of another National Championship.
What are my going to say ? This team is absolutely loaded and I don't care what anyone says. When you have three potential first lines like BC does, it makes it so tough for any opponent, even a team like UM to try to keep up with the Eagles. Anyways, after thinking about it for a while last night, I think I would put Parker Milner's second half of the year up there with some of the great goalie performances ever. I mean he made some huge stops early on in that game that allowed BC to keep it's lead at one going into the second. Just an another amazing performance by Parker, he continues to amaze everyone that is watching him. Milner has been great but the defenseman in front of him have also been outstanding. I thought Tommy Cross and Brian Dumoulin both had one of their better games of the whole season last night (Dumoulin had a goal). The improvement that all six defenseman have shown from the start of this year to this point is mind blowing. With the defense playing like it is right now, I don't see BC losing to Ferris State on Saturday but you never know. Overall, it's great to back in the National Championship and it will be interesting to see if the Bulldogs can give the Eagles a run for their money.
Why BC Won
1. Parker Milner was fantastic. He continues to be amazing, the best goalie in the country without a question.
2. Special Teams. Two power play goals, holding the Gophers to 0/4 on the PP was another reason why BC was able to get it done.
3. BC took advantage of their chances. It's all about execution. BC executed when it needed to and Minnesota didn't.
I got nothing.
Player of the Game- I thought Paul Carey was phenomenal last night. So was Milner, as he always is.
1. BC will be going for their 5th National Championship on Saturday
2. BC is now 6-4 versus Minnesota in the NCAA tournament.
3. The Eagles will get Ferris State in the finals (They beat Union)
4. This is the first time all postseason in which BC scored two power play goals.