Saturday, October 20, 2012
Previewing the Northeastern Huskies
For BC, they have to just do what they did last night vs UMass-Amherst. That is getting the Hayes-Arnold-Straight line generating quality offensive chances and generating odd man rushes by way of quality play in their own zone. Last night, BC probably had double the number of odd man rushes than they did vs the Huskies last week. NU's got some strong forwards, they may even have the best top nine forwards in the league, but they are very young and inexpirenced at defense. If BC can use their speed and attack these young Huskie defenders, they can score at will tonight. It's a big one and you know the Eagles are really confident after last nights amazing comeback but a bigger and tougher challenge lies ahead in a tough Huskie team.
Keys for the Eagles-
1. Same as always..need to get the second line going and putting the puck in the net. I'm sure the staff would like to see the fourth line also step up and start creating a little more offense.
2. Converting on power plays. With the crazy crowd and stakes surrounding this game, I really like BC's experienced seniors vs a Northeastern team that has yet to play a game away from Matthews Arena so look for the Huskies to take some penalties early.
3. Quality chances on Rawlings.
Best Opposing Line- Karlsson-Sapronari-Vermeersch
1. BC leads the all time series 155-47-14
2. BC is 5-0-1 in it's last six games @ Kelly Rink vs NU.
3. BC has never lost in their gold uniforms which will be worn tonight.
Prediction- BC 4 NU 2