Friday, November 23, 2012

Picks for the Weekend

First of all, I hope you all had a fantastic Turkey Day with your loved ones. Hopefully, you didn't attack the pumpkin pie like I did last night. Let's go through this weeks Hockey East games...none of which are conference games as all are against either an ECAC or WCHA opponent.

Colgate @ Merrimack- I messed up last week and this game on Tuesday so, my bad. As for the game, I was impressed with a couple of things Merrimack did vs the Eagles on Friday so I'll change my prediction on this one. MC 2-0

Minnesota @ Vermont- If you have some time tonight, I would definitely tune into NESN to see the Gophers take on the Cats in Burlington. With Bjugstad battling the flu, I think this game will be closer than expected but Minny will win. UM 4-2

St Lawrence @ Northeastern- I was one of the very few that believed NU would turn it around and win two games last weekend. Well, now the Huskies are playing like the worst team in the league. SLU 3-2

UNH @ Colorado College- The marquee game of the night features the red hot Wildcats traveling out to Colorado Springs to face the Tigers. Tough call here but UNH is playing so well right now, Wildcats 3-1.


Saturday

Princeton @ Lowell- I think the feeling around the league is Lowell will start to turn things on after their big win @ UMass on Sunday. I don't know how well they will start playing but they will win this one. Lowell 3-0

Providence @ Brown- I was pretty surprised to see the Friars fall to Quinnipiac on Tuesday so this one is a tough call for me. I'll go with the Friars getting back on track. PC 4-3

Quinnipiac @ UMass- Both teams had nice wins on Tuesday as the Minutemen defeated rival Vermont in Amherst but tomorrow, I see the Bobcats getting the win. QU 3-2 OT

St Lawrence @ BU- Another game in which I believe will be a close one in the final period. I'll go with a 2-2 tie.

UNH @ Denver- Not just the game of week in Hockey East, but in the country. This is a huge matchup between two teams that look real good right now. I see the Pioneers winning at home though. DU 3-2

Minnesota @ Vermont- Gophers complete the sweep of the Catamounts rather easily. UM 5-2

Dartmouth @ Boston College- I'll have mine in tonight's preview.



No comments:

Post a Comment