Wednesday, October 15, 2014

A Message to My Readers

For those of you that follow this blog both on the website itself and on Twitter, you are well aware of my inexplicable actions over the course of the past couple of weeks, perhaps even months. Ever since Spring of last year, there have been many "deletions", personal Twitter posts, and tweets that reflect poorly on both myself and more importantly, Boston College Hockey. Yesterday's tweet about a Boston University player was totally inappropriate, untrue and although I didn't write it, I am 100% responsible for what goes on both on this blog and on it's Twitter page. There is no excuse, no one else to blame, and no reason for it other than my own personal stupidity.

While some may think otherwise, I have a ton of respect for BU Hockey, especially when it comes to David Quinn and his staff. I do not tweet stuff unless I know it is 100% true, on every level. While there were some tweets two weeks ago that caused up some stir, those were ones that I had confirmed but certainly should have kept to myself. As I said, what took place yesterday should have no repercussions for anyone else involved or associated with Boston College, other than me. It was a 100% a lie.

I have embarrassed the school and the program that I love more than anything else and for that, I am terribly sorry. I do not know what the future holds, but I promise that I will do my best to get back to just reporting on Boston College Hockey. After all, that's all that matters to me.

Sorry. Go Eagles.

5 comments:

  1. Totally believe in your sincerity young man.
    carry on.
    GO EAGLES!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that you take responsibility for your blog and twitter account.
    What I don't understand is why you thought it was ok to screen shot our photo, crop off our watermark and use it as your own? I really think that you need a class on journalism ethics as well as a copyright lesson.
    How would you feel if I decided to copy a portion of your blog, post it on mine, and list myself as the author?
    As I have stated before, your on notice now. If I do see you using unauthorized photos I will alert the owners and I am sure that they will take legal action. Next time I certainly will. Just because it's on the internet, does not mean it is yours to use - even if credited. Ask before using, the worst that people can say is no, or send you a bill for your use.

    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-EAqXrlFL2xk/VDmCrwaNfwI/AAAAAAAACGk/9fZntQ8lQ-4/s1600/Screen%2BShot%2B2014-10-11%2Bat%2B3.18.32%2BPM.png

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I can understand your being upset, but remember, the blogger is a high school student. I teach college kids and many of them would not have held themselves as accountable as this young man has. He made an honest mistake and has learned from it. I highly doubt this will happen again.

      Delete