Saturday, November 8, 2014

Mediocrity ?

I really don't have a whole lot to say about tonight's loss or Wednesday's. I am in the state of shock at where this team is at right now. All I see on the internet is "they played hard" or "they gave it all they had", "it's a step in the right direction."

I want to make one thing 100% percent clear to every single person that reads this blog or follows this program.

Losing to Boston University has never been and will never be a positive for this program. Losing in general will never be considered OK for this program. Blame it on the depth, blame it on the youth, blame it on the recruiting, blame it on the moon, blame it on whoever you want but don't ever walk out of a rink thinking a BC hockey team made steps because they played hard but still lost. I don't know what is happening to this club. They just collapsed, there is no other way to say it. Just a full on collapse that I don't have any answers for.

I'll dive into more specifics later (maybe) but no fan, player, coach, booster, administrator, whoever, should ever accept mediocrity from this program. When you put on the jersey, the expectation is to win, nothing more, nothing less. I don't care if they played great for 50 minutes and neither should you, they lost.



1 comment:

  1. Mediocre is a bit harsh. BC remains one of the best teams in the country. They could reel off twelve wins and be 16-4 by Beanpot time. BC looked good against BU but the hockey gods were not with them. It's a slippery game played on a slippery surface.

    ReplyDelete