|Steve Whitney had a goal and an assist in the win.|
Why the Eagles won
1. The skill and speed were to much for Lowell. I think BC wore down Lowell at times and if your standing still vs BC like Lowell was at times (but not many) the Eagles will take advantage.
2. Lowell got to many bad penalties. If Lowell stayed out of the box and it was 5-5 hockey the whole time, this game would have a different outcome.
3. The Power Play was very good. 2/4 on the PP is a recipe for a win. Great pass by Pat Mullane on the first PP goal.
1. The effort was not there at times during the third period. Lot if credit to Lowell here for shutting down BC in the third period. I think after BC walked into the dressing room after the first with a 4-1 lead, they decided to shut it off.
2. Losing Pat Wey is going to haunt this team. Pat Wey is one of the best defenseman on this team and it shows because the team is clearly missing him. If BC is going to try to fix this problem, they need to find someone who can fill in because Mark Begert (Friday night) and Brooks Dyroff (Tonight) were off.
Player of the game- Chris Kreider. Two goals for Kreider helped lead BC.