Sunday, February 12, 2012

My Interview with Johnny Gaudreau.

 Here is my interview with BC forward Johnny Gaudreau from Saturday. BU preview will be later tonight 

Question 1- Johnny, can you tell us why you decided to come to BC after decommitng from Northeastern ? 
JG- Well, I decommited from NU because all three coaches left the program. I really liked it there but the three coaches were the reason I decided to go there in the first place and I just didn’t feel comfortable with the new coaches coming in. Here at BC, I mean all of the small guys in the history of BC made me feel very comfortable coming here. It has definitely been a great choice so far.  


Question #2- What has been the biggest adjustment from the USHL to the NCAA level ? 
JG- I would say the speed maybe. It is not much faster but it is definitely quicker than the USHL. The guys here are also a lot smarter than the guys in the USHL. Quicker and smarter at the same time so you gotta know where your feet are and what position your in at all times. The guys have done a great job of helping so far. 


Question #3- After getting paired with Mullane and Carey, you have really lit it up, how have these older guys been able to help you out ? 
JG- Well, I have played with Pat all season long so I mean he has been helping me from start to finish and Paul, I mean he is a great player who is fun to play with and is a great linemate. 


Question #4- What was it like having such a great game on Monday in the Beanpot ? 
JG- Well I mean, I grew up watching the Beanpot so it was awesome to to play in and to score two goals was just an awesome experience for me and I can’t wait for Monday, BC BU rivalry.  


Question #5- What do you guys need to do as a team to be successful on Monday ?
JG- I would say we need to keep playing the way we have the past four/five games, just keep playing are hearts out, getting the puck to the net, and not turn it over. When we started to turn the puck over in January, we just weren't playing our game but the coaching staff has it figured out now. 


Question #6- Do you model your game after an NHL player that you really like ? 
JG- Yhea, I would say either Claude Giroux or Patty Kane I like both of them, watching them, but I would definitely say Claude Giroux because he is from my area and it is fun seeing him around town. (Johnny is a big Flyers fan)


I would like to thank Johnny for taking the time to do this with me and I hope you enjoy...
GO EAGLES ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment