Monday, March 5, 2012

My Regular Season Awards for BC Hockey.

Now that the regular season has come to a close, I thought it would be good the say who I think deserves the awards for this BC hockey team.

MVP- It was a pretty close race between Kreider and Almeida but I'm going to go with Barry Almeida on this one. He leads the team in goals, is the best penalty killer on the team, and also leads the league in power play goals. Look for him to have a big postseason.

Rookie of the Year- It's Johnny Gaudreau without a doubt but some other guys like Danny Linell and Quinn Smith definitely deserve some mention. Johnny G has the most goals of any freshman in the league and also is one of the most skilled players in Hockey East.

Most Improved Player- I will split this award into two parts. For the player that has improved the most over the course of the season, I will go with Parker Milner. In December, he lost his job to a freshman and is now the favorite to win goaltender of the year in Hockey East. For the player that has improved the most from last year to now, I will stick with Isaac Macleod. He didn't play every game last year and now plays a crucial role as one of the top penalty killers and defenseman on the team.

Unsung Hero- When I think of "Unsung Hero" I think of someone that doesn't get a lot of credit for what he does because he may not have the stats. For this award, I will go with Paul Carey. He is 10th on the team in scoring but like Almeida, he is a great penalty killer and a guy that is always out there for key situations. Carey has also been playing fabulous hockey over the last month.

Best Defenseman- While I think Tommy Cross is having an outstanding year, I will go with Brian Dumoulin on this one. He is tied for second on the team in assist behind Pat Mullane and is also third in the league in defenseman scoring behind Clendening and O'Neil.

Best Game- I shouldn't even ask this because it's so obvious. The second Monday in February

Best Goal- Barry Almeida's goal on Friday vs UVM that made Sports Center's top 10 plays (It was #2)

Ill post my Hockey East awards tomorrow night.

Until then,

GO EAGLES

No comments:

Post a Comment