Thursday, September 26, 2013

Latest Lineup Projections

Over the course of the last couple of months, I've been taking numerous stabs at trying to predict the lineup for this season. I've only been to a couple of practices but I think I've got a bit of a better sense of what the lineup will like fourteen days from now @ Michigan.

Here is my latest stab


Johnny G- Arnold- Calnan

Fitzgerald- Hayes- Cangelosi

Straight- Brown-Richardson

Smith- Gilmour- Silk


I don't know about you but I really like that lineup. I think the third and fourth lines are going to be leaps and bounds better than last years and also I don't think you will find a better 1-2 punch in Hockey East than BC's first two lines. Coach York said at Hockey East media day that he expects "at least eight" freshmen to be in the lineup and above I have five which leaves us with three. Now for the defense.

Santini- Matheson

McCoshen- Macleod

Doherty- Savage


A week ago, I had no clue who was going to get the final defensemen spot. Seven days later, I'm still not even close to 50% but I have seen and heard all good things about Scotty Savage. There is no doubt that he is a talented player that will be a solid four year guy but the big question was will he start right away. The staff still has time to figure it out but right now, I think Savage slightly leads Linell for the final spot.


Another notable thing I took away from media day was that Coach York didn't say who was going to be the starting goalie. Now, I wasn't thinking he was going to go in there and say flat out that Thatcher will start game one but it sounded to me like it was a relatively close contest between him and Brian Billett. We should know who is in the lead come late next week.


That's all for now.

Go Eagles.

14 days.



No comments:

Post a Comment