Thursday, July 24, 2014

A Big Thank You To Tim Clark

Today, I heard that assistant BC Sports information director Tim Clark was moving on from Chestnut Hill to pursue other opportunities in New York City. There are a lot of people that have helped me with this blog and how I conduct myself as a "member of the media" but no one has had a bigger impact on this website or me personally than Tim Clark. He allowed me to come sit in the press box for all road games, permitted me to interview coaches and players on numerous occasions, and provided invaluable insights into the world of BC Hockey and the world of college sports media. When I first started sitting in the press box for road games, I had a bit of a problem with the "no showing any bias" rule. You're not supposed to wear the color of the team you support. I never obeyed. You're never supposed to yell at the refs from up top. I never obeyed but over time, I began to notice how Tim, one of the most passionate BC Hockey fans I have ever met, conducted himself in the press rooms and I could only try to emulate that. I would like to think that over these last four years, I have matured into young man that can conduct himself somewhat within the boundaries of the rules (I still struggle with the cheering part).

Anyways, thank you Tim for all you did for me and this blog. Without you, this thing would be long gone. I appreciate all the kind words and support. Best of luck to you in whatever lies ahead.

Go Eagles.


1 comment: