Saturday, December 6, 2014

Keep Your Head Up

Over the course of the past two months, I've gotten a lot of negative feedback about me, my blog, and the program as a whole because of what I keep writing. Before I get into the UNH game, I want to clarify a few things here. This is the best program in college hockey and to be honest, no one is even close. Me rambling on about the recruiting is just me being a sore loser. Did they make a couple of mistakes three or four years ago? Perhaps. Can they do anything about it now? No. The recruiting class they have slated for next year is without the best one they have ever had. White, Bracco, and Wood are the type of players you only see every so often and oh by the way, Dudek and Brown are NHL draft picks. I know I get upset and my emotions get the best of me but trust me, the people that actually matter, the ones that can actually do something about it, are even more upset and believe me when I say this, they are going to make things better. No coaching staff in college hockey works harder than Coach York, Coach Brown, and Coach Ayers. They have built up a recruiting machine over the course of the past two years and it will only be a matter of time before we're loaded again. I promise.

Games like tonight's tie at UNH are frustrating for sure, especially when you play your heart out and get robbed by the officials. The goal they called back was a clear goal. There is no way around it other than it should have counted. Nothing we can do about it now. I thought Cangelosi, Smith, Sanford, and a handful of other guys were playing at a high level all night long. Demko made a couple of key stops to preserve a one goal deficit throughout the third period. The penalty kill was firing on all cylinders as was the first line of Sanford, Fitzgerald, and Cangelosi. I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone that really pays attention to program who doesn't believe Zach Sanford has been a huge plus for this club. I've really been impressed with the way he plays and I think he's one of those guys that's just going to continue to develop as time goes by.

For me, tonight isn't about dissecting what went right and what went wrong, it's about me getting rid of this cloud of negativity surrounding the BC Hockey Blog. Just a little warning, this might be a tough year but if there is anyone in this world that hates losing more than I do, it's the staff and they already have reinforcements on the way. No matter what I may write or what I may tweet, you must know that this program is in good hands because the man in charge will never let this ship sink. When you wake up tomorrow and start getting all upset about how this year is going, just remember these two words.

Jerry York




1 comment:

  1. Glad to see u appreciate Sanford's game I really am looking forward to seeing him at about 220 lbs. high upside as he gets stronger and stronger. Keep up the good blogging.

    ReplyDelete